To the east of Tezpur town, on the bank of river Brahmaputra the Rudrapada temple is situated. It is believed that Rudra ( Lord Shiva ) had left the print of his left foot (pada) on a stone found in the temple. It is believed that Mahadeva showed his real self to king Bana here. Rudrapada temple was later built by Siva Singha in the year 1730 A.D. The main temple was destroyed, due to erosion of river Brahmaputra.