1. Development of industries in the district
2. Registration and licensing of new industrial undertakings
3. Acquisition of land for industrial purpose
4. Development of Industrial area
5. State's participation in Private sector undertakings
6. Industrial survey
7. Creation and maintenance of Industrial Estates
8. Organizing Exhibition, Industries Fairs within and outside the district
1. Promotion of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
2. Entrepreneurship and Skill Development
3. Facilitating Infrastructure Development
4. Promotion of Investment and growth in the industrial sector in the state through private/ public/ public private partnerships
5. Publicity and Marketing support to industries
6. Preparation of a policy paper for inclusive growth
Mandate of the Department
- Promote a mindset change among the youth to go for business enterprises as a means of employment.
- Provide Skill Development among the youth under ‘Skill India Programme’.
- Larger role for MSME to promote employment generation.
- Provide support to Micro , Small and Medium enterprises under various schemes , covering finance, infrastructure, technology, marketing support and incubation centers.
- Promote rapid industrialization by effective use of Single Window Agency under EoDB along with self certification system.
- Promote forward & backward linkages in raw material supply and marketing efforts towards optimum use of local produces.
- Promote the use of best international practices in technology, management, marketing, R&D and innovation in technology.
- Revive and promote traditional crafts and industries by training , marketing, finance, cluster development.
- To upgrade the Tea Industry & decide future of ATC.
- Promotion of Small Tea Growers (STG)