1) GOODS AND SERVICES TAX is an indirect tax (or consumption tax) levied on supply of goods or services. It is a comprehensive, multistage, destination based tax. Goods and Services are divided into five different tax slabs – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, 28%. However, petroleum products are exempted from the GST.
a) STATE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (SGST): Portion of tax to state on intrastate sales.
b) CENTRAL GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (CGST): Portion of tax to central government on interstate sales.
c) INTREGATED GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (IGST): Tax for interstate sales.
2) IMFL (Covered under AVAT,2003)
3) PROFFSSIONAL TAX is a tax charged by the state governments on salaried individuals working in government or non- government establishments and professionals like Chartered Accountants, doctors, Lawyers etc. carrying out some form of business
4) ASSAM TAXATION (ON SPECIFIED LANDS) ACT, 1990 deals in the collection of tax /cess on green tea. However, the collection of taxes on the said product is temporarily suspended till 2021.
5) The ASSAM ELECTRICITY DUTY Act,1964 provides for levy of duty on supply and generation of electric energy.