1. To provide Free and Compulsory Elementary Education for all children in the 6-14 age group.
2. To bridge social, regional and gender gaps with the active participation of community in the management of schools at elementary education level by 2010.
3. To allow children to learn about and master their natural environment in order to develop their potential both spiritually and materially.
4. To inculcate value-based learning that allows children an opportunity to work for each other’s well being rather than to permit mere selfish pursuits.
5. To realize the importance of Early Childhood Care and education and looks at the 0-14 age as a continuum.
6. All children in school. Education Guarantee Centre, Special Training, ‘Back-to-School’ camp by 2003.
7. All children complete five years of primary schooling by 2007.
8. All children complete of elementary schooling by 2010.
9. Universal retention by 2010.